Friday, September 11, 2009

Covers












I had planned on doing a variety of covers for Issue 6, but that fell by the wayside as the deadline approached, so instead went with a close-up photo of our cat. I thought I'd like to continue that theme so tried to get some C.U.'s of a dog I was housesitting with and also some nice head shots of my cousin's baby. I haven't decided yet which way I'm going to go. I tried to do a head shot of a giant tortise for Issue 6, but didn't think it was clear what it was, so maybe I'll try that for Issue 8 or 9.
I also had plans on changing th back cover series, but what I wanted to change it too is a series of paintings that will actually require a bit of effort, so have decided to keep going with the back cover robot for a bit longer. These are some initial ideas/sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment