Friday, January 18, 2013

"No Cure" Work In Progress Pages

So I thought I'd show some of the work I've been doing over the last couple of days. I've been working on the line work and final inks and trying to work on the tones. I settled on using the waterpaint brush tool (in Corel Sketchbook) and just the black, and trying various weights on the pen. It's working out ok, but one day I'd really love to work with screentones like I grew up reading.

In these two pages, I can count I think four influences or people I'm ripping off/riffing on. This comic really is a homage/love letter to the manga I enjoy. The story and setting are inspired by Tsutomu Nihei. The bike is inspired by Katsuhiro Otomo and Akira. The display map is inspired by Ghost In The Shell, probably more the animae than the manga. And then the costume is directly ripped off from Mobile Suit Gundam Seed 00, which I was really struggling with.




No comments:

Post a Comment