Friday, June 10, 2011

Pied Piper-First Ideas

Going on from Ratgirl, Clay came up with the idea of her antagonist being the Pied Piper, which I thought was a stroke of genius. So I tried to get some ideas down, but struggled to find something I was happy with. My first attempt was too much trying to be like the Joker. I knew I wanted him to be skinny, and had a kind of rough image from a book from my childhood, kind of riffing on the traditional image of the Pied Piper.



So I progressed from the stick figure to the figure at the bottom of the page, which is closer to the echo of the image from the past, but still wasn't feeling it. I thought maybe he should have a hood, but haven't yet found what I'm looking for, so just kept experimenting as I went up the page.


The problem is I don't know who the character is yet, it just sounded like a cool idea. But having dinner last night and talking about it with Clay, I think I'm starting to see who he is, some kind of street hustler with a mutant child army under his hypnotic control. So I'll see if that goes anywhere.

Also, if you haven't yet, check out Clay's version of Ratgirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment